by Kenneth Rudich
The intricacies of SEO marketing are more substantial than you might initially imagine.
In many ways, it’s comparable to playing chess. It requires the same kind of mental agility for recognizing hidden patterns, sizing up situations and, most importantly, turning them into opportunities. Whether you’re an avid chess player or SEO practitioner, competitive advantage stems from being able to see what others are apt to miss.
seo looks at the typo as a friendly mistake
Typos are a good example. In recognition of the fact that people are, after all, only human, SEO factors in the potential for less than stellar typing (or spelling) skills, and the subsequent likelihood for misspelled words in search engine queries. What typically pains a teacher propels the SEO practitioner.
Google even offers a Keyword Typo Tool that generates a pool of possible misspellings for keywords and phrases. Believe it or not, it’s recommended these keystrokes gone awry get included on your website’s keywords list. Bear in mind, it takes only the smallest of lapses for a finger to drift. On the off chance it will improve your rankings when it does occur, why not take advantage of it?
At first blush, it may sound crazy. But as Google points out, misspellings are easy to get ranked for.
Moreover, the raw numbers behind it are really quite compelling. If even only a small percentage of search engine users stumble while typing, your website stands to gain a considerable amount of traffic from it.
According to estimates from Internet World stats, nearly 2 billion people are on the internet worldwide as of December 31, 2009. Let’s say you have assembled a reasonably strong list of misspelled keywords and phrases. If one percent of the search engine users happen to err, whether through a typo or spelling goof, the potential yield of traffic to your site could be upwards of twenty million visitors.
For a local search in a smaller city, say of 100,000 people, a one percent error rate could drive as many as 1000 prospects to your site.
what’s the seo keyvord take away?
There’s an old saying in the news writing business: “To err is human, to error is wrong” (hint: error is a noun). If you’re in the SEO business, however, whether it’s to err, to error, err, error, errror, or eror… it’s all good!
Search engine optimization is maturing quickly into an extremely sophisticated and focused internet marketing strategy for producing the best possible organic search results.
google’s SEO keyword typo tool in action
Enter the phrase “search engine optimization,” and the Google SEO Typo Tool will yield the list shown below. Notice it is divided into two categories: Double Letters Typo and Missing Letters Typo. It even provides the option to retrieve still more typos if you want.
Double Letters Typo
1. ssearch engine optimization
2. seearch engine optimization
3. seaarch engine optimization
4. searrch engine optimization
5. searcch engine optimization
6. searchh engine optimization
7. search engine optimization
8. search eengine optimization
9. search enngine optimization
10. search enggine optimization
11. search engiine optimization
12. search enginne optimization
13. search enginee optimization
14. search engine optimization
15. search engine ooptimization
16. search engine opptimization
17. search engine opttimization
18. search engine optiimization
19. search engine optimmization
20. search engine optimiization
21. search engine optimizzation
22. search engine optimizaation
23. search engine optimizattion
24. search engine optimizatiion
25. search engine optimizatioon
26. search engine optimizationn
Missing Letters Typo
1. earch engine optimization
2. sarch ngin optimization
3. serch engine optimiztion
4. seach engine optimization
5. searh engine optimization
6. searc engine optimization
8. sarch ngin optimization
9. search egie optimizatio
10. search enine optimization
11. search engne optmzaton
12. search egie optimizatio
13. sarch ngin optimization
15. search engine ptimizatin
16. search engine otimization
17. search engine opimizaion
18. search engne optmzaton
19. search engine optiization
20. search engne optmzaton
21. search engine optimiation
22. serch engine optimiztion
23. search engine opimizaion
24. search engne optmzaton
25. search engine ptimizatin
26. search egie optimizatio
Get more typos?